One of the things I love about Christmas, aside from the fact that we’re together as a family, is that I get to prepare the most loved course of our meal – dessert! Mom assigned to me the task of preparing this year’s dessert and I immediately said YES! I mean, who would dare say no to that?
So I ransacked the web for easy to make and budget friendly desserts and I happen to stumble upon this really delectable treat that will surely blow everyone off the dining table in the name of *drum roll please* CHOCO AND CREAM SEMIFREDDO! I made one earlier just in time for tonight. Hopefully my dad loves it knowing how much he’s into food.
- 2 eggs, yolk separated from white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) all purpose cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped Kit Kat wafers (in my case I used a variety of chocolate bars, crisps, wafers, cookies, crushed graham, mallows, etc)
How to prepare it:
- On a small mixing bowl, set atop a pan of simmering water. Beat egg yolks until pale yellow in color. Add sugar and beat until light in texture for about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat all purpose cream until soft peaks form. Add in vanilla. Fold beaten egg yolks into whipped cream and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites into stiff peaks. Working in 2 or 3 additions, fold egg whites into cream mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Fold in chopped chocolate goodies and spread mixture onto a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2-3 hours or until solid.
This recipe is good for 4-6 people. I wanna experiment next time using fruits and nuts but as of now, I’m sticking with chocolate. The only thing that worries is me is that it tastes too sweet. I didn’t try to lessen the measurement of the sugar. Urrgh. Will do that next time…the good news is that, it tastes like cookies and cream ice cream!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! ^_^